Friday, July 4, 2008

Carrot Soup Quickie.....


A delicious bowl of soup is perfect for a chilly winters evening, it starts to warm you up just thinking about it. Being the coldest day this year I couldn’t wait to get home and create a simple yet fantastic carrot soup to put a smile on the face of the other half after a long cold day at work. With no more in the cool box then a few carrots some nice big leeks and a bit of chicken stock I had made the day before, I went to work on this winter warmer. Leaving the sliced carrots and leeks to soften in a pot with a good knob of butter, I went to make a much needed cup of tea. After letting it do its own thing for 10 minutes or so, I covered the lot with the stock and left it to a gentle simmer until the carrot is really nice and soft. I put it all thru the faithful food processor and added a good dollop of Greek yoghurt, served it with some crusty bread and watched the life flow back into her cheeks after the very first spoonful. A fresh steaming bowl of soup has to be the best antidote to a cold miserable day I can find.